A Message from Head of Medical Surgical Nursing Department
I am delighted to welcome you to the Medical surgical Nursing department, Faculty of Nursing in King Abdulaziz University on behalf the faculty and staff. The medical-surgical nursing department is one of the six departments that form the Faculty of Nursing. It is the core department of Faculty of nursing, which is hosting not only the basic nursing courses but also a postgraduate nursing program. The medical surgical nursing department is responsible for the teaching and supervision of all adult nursing courses for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The department provides student centered teaching and learning in conducive atmosphere for hands on experience that helps the students to gain confidence in their nursing knowledge, skills and attitudinal practice. Scope of practice in medical surgical nursing is evidence based in terms of procedural aspects and also the patient care. The department also ensures that high standards are maintained during training and practice while observing professional ethics of conduct. The courses taught in this department at undergraduate and postgraduate levels include foundation of Professional Nursing (I and II), Nursing care of Adults (I and II), Physical Heath Assessment, Advanced Health Assessment, and Medical Surgical Nursing (I and II).
I invite you to browse our website for more information about our academic staff and offered courses.
Head of Medical Surgical Nursing Department Acting Head of Critical Care and Emergency Nursing
Dr. Dhuha Youssef Wazqar
To facilitate the development of competent nurses who demonstrate excellence in medical surgical nursing practice and research.
To promote hands on skills in advanced nursing procedures and facilitate research activities by the student and faculty in medical surgical nursing field.
• Ensure that the students acquire good theoretical knowledge and skills on principles and practice of medical surgical nursing emphasis on delivery of comprehensive and holistic adult nursing care
• Develop students’ ability to identify current concepts and trends related to various aspects of nursing management of clients with medical surgical disorders
• Help the students to acquire knowledge and skills of basic and advanced medical surgical procedure in supervised clinical settings
• Develop students’ skills in meeting the basic needs of adult clients in a specific way
• Apply new concepts and research findings in medical surgical nursing
• Conduct research in order to provide a scientist base for various medical surgical nursing procedures